Tuesday 22 September 2009

Victorian(?) Advertising

You quite often see years-old adverts painted on the sides of buildings but this one (seen from the train leaving Leeds station is a little more freaky than most (find it on Globe Road). Victorians were very interested in psychic abilities, the paranormal and mediums. You can see the jagged outline of the building/factory that was once connected to this building that has preserved the sign.


I found a comment about the advertisement:

Keith Dorrington, on June 19, 2008, said:

Can anybody help me with what the advertising says? I know the company is W.H.Turner, Tobacco Man'f. I can see outline of 'EVENING POST' in tall thin letters. I can see 'ING MEDIUMS' and 'T BRITAIN' (which I think should read 'GREAT BRITAIN'). Thanks for your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment