Tuesday 27 July 2010

Museo Games Exhibition, Paris




I visited an exhibition held at the Musée des Arts et Metiers in Paris all about the history of video games over the last 40 years.

I learnt a little bit about the history of video games, but it's so brief that it's not particularly interesting. The exhibition was really there to re-play games-gone-by rather than to learn however. I think it was my first experience of seeing things that I used to have in a museum...except for the Spice Girls easter egg at the Museum of Brands, but we won't go into that! I have to say it was a bit surreal, I don't consider myself a "gamer" but I was pretty pleased/surprised to re-play RayMan!

One thing that caught my eye was this "Keaton vs Mario Scroll" (which i handily found on Youtube) which shows footage from Buster Keaton's "Seven Chances" (1925) and Super Mario Bros' videogames (1985 onwards).




Museo Games site

No comments:

Post a Comment