Thursday 19 August 2010

Gorillaz.com

I have just finished reading an article about the redesign of the band Gorillaz' website and although I'm impressed with the site, all the games you can play, features etc etc I can't help but feel that the website homepage doesn't have a "Gorillaz feel". It's a bit too "websitey". Gorillaz to me is hand drawn, telling a story about the characters, if you look at the header bar (in white at the top) it's just boring and manufactured.


The homepage is pretty good aside from the header bar, however as you navigate through the rest of the site there's next to nothing hand drawn. Maybe it's a good thing as it gives a bit of space and tidiness from the characters, I can't make up my mind! Any thoughts?


Links: Gorillaz website, Mike Robinson, Ben Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment