Sunday 2 May 2010

Visit to the Centre Pompidou

What better to do on the first sunday of the month than visit the Centre Pompidou in Paris? I felt a bit like a fly as I walked round because I found my self attracted by anything with neon lighting. Looking at all the art and stuff kind of made me question whether the things I saw were genuinely "works of art" or just a pretty picture/installation or a load of rubbish.
There was one piece that I did like however, below, but merely for its aesthetic qualities and simple but nice interactivity.

If tree is to birds nest, then the Pompidou centre is to.....? Tree houses =) They're a bit pointless but i like them.It has to be said one of the best things about the pompidou centre is the view. Panoramic view of Paris including the Notre Dame cathedral, Eiffel Tower and the Sacre Coeur.

So I wasn't very impressed by the "art" but I did stop by the book shop and spent at least half an hour flicking through the 2009's D&AD Award Winners book. I have been watching some of the interviews with the judges so it was interesting to see the work they picked. Maybe I'll do another post about that...

No comments:

Post a Comment