Monday 25 October 2010

"Green Marketing Manifesto" by John Grant

I am currently reading this book as part of my research for my dissertation and I thought I'd mention it because it is a really interesting take on a future direction of marketing. As consumers get more and more aware of environmental issues and have easier and easier access to companies (though twitter, facebook etc) companies are surely going to have to bear green issues in mind. John Grant's book lays out how to approach "green marketing" depending on whether it would be on a public, social or personal level and whether your company wants to be "green", "greener" or "greenest".

I think all designers should start opening their eyes to environmental (and ethical) issues and use their power as a designer to lessen the impact of their work.

"John Grant′s been so smart and percipient with his new masterwork...useful, readable and clever...out now, just when we need it." (Campaign, Friday 23rd November 2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment