Saturday 2 October 2010

What the flock? (...by Magpie?)

Walking through Hyde Park to uni on (I think) monday, I was inundated with black, corriflute sheep hanging from trees, standing in flocks and painted on the floor with the strap line, "What the flock?" Although I thought it was pretty cool, I also thought it was a bit of a wasted opportunity as by the time I had waded my way through all the "flocking" sheep everywhere I was pretty ready to hear what it was all about...nothing.

Well I walked into uni again on tuesday at about 5pm and there where 3 students holding a giant banner saying that this "What the flock?" thing would be launch on 10.10.10.

A few minutes ago I was wasting time on facebook... and I saw one of my friends was following this "what the flock" campaign, intrigued, I checked it out. This then lead my curiosity to click on the website link http://www.whattheflock.org.uk/.


I watched the little video which features students' reactions to a mystery question with the answer of "17".

Still intrigued to find out who was behind all of this, and being a bit of web geek, I checked out the source code of the site...

< name="author" content="Magpie Comms">

The agency we are about to receive a brief from, Magpie, seem to be involved in this crazy sheep campaign... well the brief is on the 8th Oct so we shall see what happens...!

About the website, I really like the design, it's very cute and appropriate for students. Students can share their impatience to find out what the flock it is all about on the message board and of course connect online through facebook and twitter. The only thing it lacks to me is a little favicon...but that's not a massive issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment